When I added a second Oxford 911+ based FW (and USB2.0) enclosure (Plumax PM-350C2-PTS) to my OS X PowerMac G4, it found trouble. Problems included only one drive mounting at one time, or none would mount, and even data corruption!
I found reference to changing the "Product ID" within the F/W configuration, but that didn't seem to work.
This site fully explains the correct change as a solution to "improve the chaining capability in the Oxford FireWire External Enclosures." Although, in many cases, a machine with two physical firewire ports has only one physical firewire port - this appears equivalent to "chaining." The issue is definitely present in the 911+ enclosures I have, and could probably also be in the 911 and 922 chips. As far as I can tell, it's only an issue with two or more like devices - such as two hard drives, or possibly two DVD drives. I had used a single 911+ enclosure with a hard drive successfully with a 911 enclosure with a DVD burner, prior to this change; the 911 chip had a completely different ID than the 911+.
The site referenced is presumably translated. The key information is changing the "Chip ID Lo" parameter of each enclosure to be unique. The means changing the "original 454647" to "454648, 454649, 454650 and so on." The site points you to the appropriate Mac and Windows firmware/configuration apps.
The solution worked very well for me.
It's also probably a good idea to upgrade the firmware.
Good luck.
Here’s How to Structure a Good Blog Post for Readers and Google
-
[image: How to structure a good blog post?]
Whenever I see someone posting a photo on Instagram, they are adding a
caption. And if they are adding a captio...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment